Sunday, January 31, 2016

Bleak Mid-winter

"Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp,
drizzly November in my soul; whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing
before coffin warehouses, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet...
then, I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I can. This is my substitute
for pistol and ball. With a philosophical flourish Cato throws himself upon his
sword; I quietly take to the ship. There is nothing surprising in this. If they but
knew it, almost all men in their degree, some time or other, cherish very nearly
the feelings towards the ocean with me."
 
~from Moby Dick by Herman Melville

Oh, winter. I imagine many of us are feeling a "damp, drizzly November" in our souls and could use a good dose of the sea. Luckily, we've had a lovely Spring-like weekend here -- a nice break in the middle of winter.

Happy Sunday!

~Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment