Friday, February 12, 2016

Valentine's Babylit Books


Before Vivy was born, I was in a bookstore with William. He was running an engine along a train table and my eyes were glancing over the shelves. And that's when I saw it: a Romeo & Juliet board book.

At the time, William was beyond board books, so I lamented that this gem wasn't available when my kids were tiny. Well, enter Vivy and an expansive line of Babylit books later, and we've now got ourselves quite a little collection going.

The Babylit series by Jennifer Adams and Alison Oliver puts classic literature into the hands of toddlers. (Oh, how I wish these had been my brainchild! They are so fun.) With adorably contemporary artwork by Oliver, each book focuses on a theme of colors or opposites or numbers. And the selections pictured here are perfect for pulling out for Valentine's Day.




We own other non-romantic books from their line: The Wizard of Oz (colors), Alice in Wonderland (colors), and Frankenstein (body parts), to name a few. Babylit continues to put out new titles, and I NEED Vivy needs a copy of Les Mis. :) These also make fabulous baby shower or 1st/2nd birthday gifts.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment